The Warehouse Technician is responsible for cleaning and processing medical equipment that comes back from the field, including cleaning/disinfecting, maintenance, testing service of medical equipment and record keeping of such, inventory of supplies, and shipping for major Medical. The Warehouse Technician shall be available to perform the Delivery Technician position when necessary. This position requires flexibility and a willingness to take on non-routine tasks.
- Cleaning – Assembly and disassembly of “Durable Medical Equipment” used in home – the technician will use infection control processes to clean and disinfect equipment, reassemble for subsequent use, along with using and storing of chemicals used in the process while following hazardous materials procedures
- Process includes recording of all equipment by serial number and functional testing of all equipment processed.
- Preventative maintenance or repairs of Durable Medical Equipment
- Provide minor repairs as needed to keep the equipment in good working order
- Equipment maintenance and testing
- Receiving, labeling and stocking inventory
- Organize and maintain durable medical equipment and applicable accessories
- Perform detailed equipment inventories
- Perform other warehouse related duties
- Work independently with little supervision, as well as in a Team environment
- Consignment assistance
- Pulling equipment
- Work/drive safely in all aspects of job
- Loads and unloads product in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with set policies and procedure
- Complete all required training
- Inspection – trouble shooting of equipment being processed. Must be proficient (learn & know products) in many multiple types of products used.
- Assist Delivery Technicians in loading and unloading of equipment, to accomplish on time and accurate delivery of maintained and cleaned equipment
- Includes in house inventory tracking via computer program.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions and correspondences
- High level of attention to detail
- Must have a current, valid driver license
- Ability to safely lift, push or pull up to 75 lbs. with or without accommodations
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Must be reliable, dependable in work performed
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Previous durable medical equipment (DME) experience is preferred
- Familiarity with the Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) binder
- Possess basic computer skills (Excel & Word)
- Possess good communication skills (oral & written)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- 401K & Matching
- Plus many others
Major Medical will not discriminate against qualified applicants for employment and employees based on race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental disability, or other protected category, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment. The Company will take affirmative action with respect to such persons as required and permitted by law.