Major Medical is currently accepting resumes for a Bi-lingual in Spanish Customer Care Coordinator in our busy Lakewood office. This position requires a high attention to detail, processing a high volume of orders and must be extremely organized and efficient. Experience in durable medical equipment and handling insurances is preferred.
This is not a call center environment!!
- Coordinates all monthly resupply orders.
- Communicates verification of insurance eligibility and benefits to customer.
- Obtains all necessary documentation for billing (i.e. prescription, LMN, invoices, etc.), assures its completeness into TeamDME.
- Is knowledgeable on all insurance coverage criteria and obtains necessary authorizations.
- Keeps all customers and referral sources informed regarding the status of an order.
- Arranges for customer pick up / delivery of equipment
- Assures that the order in TeamDME accurately reflects status for appropriate billing.
- Determines Co-pays based on insurance verification, arranges and accepts payments.
- Obtains information from the fax or email and assures that all information received is scanned into our customer record.
- Documents all correspondence and information into TeamDME.
- Assists in supplying equipment which does not require an evaluation by the provider.
- Responsible for timeliness of all orders
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Answering phones
- Complete and accurate Intake and Insurance verification
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be Bi-lingual and speak Spanish/English
- 2 years’ experience in the medical field or medical equipment
- Ability to organize, monitor, and track numerous ongoing activities
- Discretion in handling and communicating sensitive information
- Ability to logically solve problems with little supervision
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications which includes Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to interface with the staff at the insurance carriers, office staff required
- Ability to read, write and understand documents, correspondence, and memos required
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in group situations to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form required
- Critical thinking skills required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background investigation
- Experience in the Durable Medical Equipment (DME field and administrative work)
- 401K & Matching
- Plus many others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to sit, stand and/or walk at least eight hours per day.
Major Medical will not discriminate against qualified applicants for employment and employees based on race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental disability, or other protected category, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment. The Company will take affirmative action with respect to such persons as required and permitted by law.