We applaud caregivers who lend their time to care for those who need it most. Here at Major Medical, we’re always here to lend a hand when it comes to medical equipment and supplies. We find that caregiving is a demanding job, and we hope to take away some of the stress with our caregiving tips. Here’s our advice on how to relieve some of the pressures of caregiving:
- Caregiving is a job and respite is your earned right. Reward yourself with respite breaks often.
- Watch out for signs of depression, and don’t delay in getting professional help when you need it.
- When people offer to help, accept the offer and suggest specific things that they can do.
- Educate yourself about your loved one’s condition and how to communicate effectively with doctors.
- There’s a difference between caring and doing. Be open to technologies and ideas that promote your loved one’s independence.
- Trust your instincts. Most of the time they’ll lead you in the right direction.
- Caregivers often do a lot of lifting, pushing, and pulling. Be good to your back.
- Grieve for your losses, and then allow yourself to dream new dreams.
- Seek support from other caregivers. There is great strength in knowing you are not alone.
- Stand up for your rights as a caregiver and a citizen.
Caregiving is a loving act, and it’s not something that you have to do alone. Here at Major Medical, we’re here to help. We’re proud to offer custom fitting for medical equipment, medical supplies, and nutrition supplies, and we have nine locations across the Front Range, including locations in Aurora, Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins, Greeley, Lakewood, Longmont, Loveland, and Pueblo. Call us to learn what we can do for you!